Tonight on the menu we have Baked Tilapia with Garlic Tomato Sauce. It sounds so fancy, doesn’t it? But it is super simple to make and it taste great. It is also clean lean protein source and it is a muscle building friendly dish.
I used a mix of caned diced tomatos and tomato sauce. This is a low sugar version. I can use a regular spaghetti tomato sause, but sometimes it’s got from 8g to 10g of sugar per serving. So using the canned tomatoes version definitely saves me from eating all this sugar. Anywho! Let get cooking! 😉
Baked Tilapia With Tomato Garlic Sauce
6-8 tilapia fillets
2 cups canned tomato sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 T all purpose seasoning (may include salt, dehydrated veggies, spices)
1) Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2) In a big baking dish, spray some cooking spay. Place the tilapia in the baking dish.
3) Season the fish with black pepper and all purpose seasoning.
4) Spread the tomato sauce over the fish. Add the minced garlic on top.
**Do not add additional salt, because usually these all purpose seasoning contain salt already.**
5) Bake until done. The sauce shouldn’t be too liquidy.
You will smell it when it’s ready. It smells delicious!
How do you usually cook your fish?
What are your favorite spices?